rotator
rotator
rotator
rotator

16 MONTH OLD LOST IN HOUSE FIRE-70 YEAR OLD FLOWN WITH BURNS

At 7:36 a.m. this morning Caney Creek Fire Department was dispatched to a mobile home fire on Henry Harris Road just off FM 1485 north of Grangerland.

Montgomery County Deputies were first to arrive at the scene at 7:44 a.m. When they arrived a 10-year old child was attempting to pull his seventy-year old great  grandmother, Joyce Stenfield out the door. She had made several attempts to get to the little girl in the back bedroom and was finally overcome by smoke and severely burned.

A neighbor across the street saw the fire  and after telling his wife to call the fire department he ran over and assisted the young boy. When Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office arrived they assisted getting the woman to the street away from the fire.

Montgomery County Hospital District arrived next with two ambulances and a supervisor and immediately started treating the woman who had second degree burns over 20% of her body. PHI Air Medical was requested to the scene and landed at FM 1485 and Henry Harris. After stabilizing her she was flown to UTMB  in Galveston.

Bennette Estates truck was first in on the scene at which time fire was coming from every opening. Fire was to intensive to make entry to the home.

The 10-year-old was transported to Conroe Regional Hospital in stable condition. He was more in shock than anything else. Several times he said there were still two people inside.

Donna Atchison who lived across the street had her truck outside warming up to go to work when she heard a pop. Thinking her truck back fired she looked out to see the smoke and flames. She also called 911 to report the fire.

She was concerned that the fire equipment took a long period of time to respond. The first truck arrived on the scene from Bennette Fire Department at 7:52 a.m.

Montgomery County Fire Marshal , Jimmy Williams believes the fire started in the bedroom with an oil filled space heater within a foot of the bed. He did caution though the investigation is still in the early stages.

The little girl, 16-month-old Anna Stenfield  was found in the bed where the fire started after it had been extinguished. Justice of the Peace Trey Spikes pronounced the baby dead on the scene and ordered Metcalf Funeral Directors to transport the baby to Dallas for autopsy.

The child’s mother was not home at the time of the fire but after receiving a call returned home and was given the news. She immediately went to Conroe Regional to be with the boy.

It was undetermined if smoke detectors were in the home. Neighbors said the family had moved into the home about a month ago after the mobile home was remodeled. At the time they believed the landlord had installed smoke detectors. That is also being investigated.

The Fire Marshal cautions landlords who rent homes to make sure smoke detectors are in working order and the tenant sign a document saying that at the time they occupied the home the smoke detectors were working.

He also cautions the use of space heaters and said anyone with gas heat should also invest in carbon monoxide alarms. Each floor should be equipped with the carbon monoxide alarm.

020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 1 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 2 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 3 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 4 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 5 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 6 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 7 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 8 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 9 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 10 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 11 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 12 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 13 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 14 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 15 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 16 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 17 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 18 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 19 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 20 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 21 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 22 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 23 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 24 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 25 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE 26 020611 HENRY HARRIS FIRE

About The Author

Related posts

1 Comment

Comments are closed.