Montgomery County Pct 4 Constable Kenneth “Rowdy” Hayden reports the following events for the dates of July 6 – July 13, 2010:
Compiled by Chief Deputy Barry Welch
Montgomery County Constable Pct. 4 Deputies served 139 civil papers including 4 evictions throughout East Montgomery County. Numerous suspects were arrested, clearing 11 JP4 warrants, 4 Montgomery County warrants, 1 motion to revoke probation warrant and 1 blue warrant (parole violation).
Deputy J. Bergland arrested parole violator Noe Garza, 33 of New Caney. Deputy Bergland, along with other officers, also arrested probation violator Elton LaRoy Young, 27 of Huffman.
No Driver’s License, No Insurance, No Way!
10 vehicles were towed in East Montgomery County because 6 drivers had no license and/or no insurance, 4 drivers were arrested during traffic stops, and 1 vehicle was towed because it was a traffic hazard. One driver had no license and/or insurance and was also arrested and one driver who was arrested was driving a stolen vehicle.
Taking drugs off EMC streets
Deputy Josh Bergland arrested three offenders on drug charges in separate incidents over the past week. One of them also had two outstanding warrants. Deputy A. Boudreaux also arrested an area woman for drugs.
• Around midnight on July 8, Lt. M. Seals notified Deputy Bergland of a nearby vehicle that committed a traffic violation and then pulled in a store parking lot at FM 2090 and Hwy 59. The driver, 43-year-old Michael Lee Mitchell, got out of his vehicle and was behaving suspiciously as Deputy Bergland asked him for his license and insurance. As Mitchell retrieved them, Deputy Bergland saw paraphernalia commonly associated with methamphetamine in plain view inside the vehicle. Further investigation included an open air search by Cliff, a Pct. 4 narcotics detecting K9. While searching the vehicle, Deputy Bergland found 2 bags of methamphetamine, a large number of clear plastic bags, digital scales and numerous syringes, including one with a substance inside that field tested positive for methamphetamine. Mitchell is charged with second-degree felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance.
• Just after 1 a.m. on July 9, Deputy J. Bergland made another drug arrest that began as a routine traffic stop near the intersection of FM 1485 and Hwy 242. While speaking with the driver, 28-year-old Kenneth Anthony Gundacker of Cleveland, Deputy Bergland noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. Gundacker claimed he was not smoking marijuana, but a search of the vehicle revealed plastic bags with large amounts of marijuana inside, as well as a marijuana cigarette. A check of Gundacker’s driver’s license also returned 2 outstanding warrants. Gundacker is charged with state jail felony possession of marijuana, and was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on that charge and the 2 warrants.
• Deputy Bergland also arrested Darren Wayne Wilson, Jr., 21, of Conroe for possession of marijuana around 2:30 a.m. on July 13 while patrolling the area of Crockett Martin Rd. and Hwy 105, where he saw a vehicle in the darkened parking lot of a closed business. He approached the vehicle and found Wilson inside, along with a strong odor of marijuana. After receiving consent to search the vehicle, Deputy Bergland found three plastic bags containing marijuana. Wilson is charged with possession of marijuana.
• During a routine traffic stop, Deputy A. Boudreaux arrested 35-year-old Mandy Ann Bassett of New Caney for possession of a controlled substance (Soma), after a pill fell out of her clothing in front of the deputy. Bassett was found to have additional prescription pills on her person that were not prescribed to her. She is charged with possession of a controlled substance.
Five finger discount canceled
On the evening of July 11, Deputy J. Chapa responded to the Porter Walmart on Hwy 59 in reference to a theft. Walmart’s Loss Prevention officer introduced him to 33-year-old Crystal Skye Roebuck who he said took a purse then proceeded to walk around the store placing items inside, including sandals, a wallet, a makeup case and underwear. Roebuck had passed all points of sale and began to exit the store when she was stopped by the Loss Prevention officer. Roebuck is charged with theft.
Montgomery County Pct. 4 Constable’s Office
If you have any information regarding the persons listed below, please call the Pct. 4 Constable’s Office at 281-577-8985. (See attached photos)
• Maryanne Cable, 7/15/1972 , Porter
• Christina Chermak , 6/29/1983, Porter
• Jose Duarte , 2/3/1988, Houston
• Christine Fabra, 6/22/1984, Splendora
• Aguinetta Fontenberry, 10/28/1966, Cleveland
• Leslie Fuller, 4/5/1981, Huffman
• Jorge Garcia Jr., 10/6/1981, Porter
• Jeremiah Greer, 4/16/1991, Kingwood
• Thomas Guzman, 12/29/1976, Cleveland
• Steven Lucas Jr., 7/26/1985, Point Blank