rotator
rotator
rotator

AUTOMATIC FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM SAVES APARTMENTS

Conroe, TX: The City of Conroe Fire Department was notified of an apartment fire at 1230 S Frazier St. (Park Village Apartments) at approximately 6:06 p.m. on December 13, 2017.

Conroe Firefighters arrived at approximately 6:09 p.m. and discovered that there had been a small fire in the kitchen of one of the apartment units which activated a single fire sprinkler head and extinguished the fire.

There were no reported injuries to firefighters or occupants of the building. Fire damage was confined to the stove top cooking surface. Water damage was confined to the apartment of origin. The cause ofthe fire was unattended cooking and was determined to be unintentional.

This incident represents the second time in 2017 that an apartment fire has been extinguished at the area of origin by an automatic fire sprinkler system, demonstrating the importance of a properly installed and maintained fire sprinkler system in residential occupancies. It is likely that the automatic fire sprinkler system saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage and property loss to the building’s owners and occupants. Further, no occupants were displaced and possible injuries and deaths to citizens and firefighters were prevented.

Automatic fire sprinkler systems have over 100 years of proven performance protecting life and property.

The Conroe Fire Department would like to remind the public that unattended cooking is the leading cause of residential fires in Conroe, and throughout the United States, each year. Being mindful while you cook, however, can go a long way toward helping to prevent these fires:
**Keep an eye on what you fry;
**Be alert when cooking; and
**Keep things that can catch fire away from the cooking area.

About The Author

Related posts