BURN VICTIM FLOWN TO HOUSTON BY AIR MEDICAL

Mr. VanDyke started his day out getting some chores done in the 14800 block of Calhoun off FM 1314.

Then just before 11am tragedy struck. As he was burning in his burn barrel he threw a gasoline soaked rag into the fire. According to Scott Burlin of the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office the barrel erupted in flames and flashed back on Mr. VanDyke causing second and third degree burns over thirty-percent of his body.

Fire and MCHD responded and requested a helicopter to transport him to Hermann Hospital in Houston.

The injuries are non-life threatening and he only had a small amount of burns to his face.

About The Author

Related posts