Ceiling collapses on EMC firefighters

EAST MONTGOMERY COUNTY- Firefighters were fortunate to escape a fire on Circle S. Rd. in the early morning hours of Sunday, in unincorporated Splendora, east of the city.

Click the arrow to watch on-scene video

Splendora firefighters arrived to find heavy fire coming from the rear of the home, with a nearby motor home threatened, along with lawn equipment and other items on the back porch.

The New Caney and Porter Fire Departments responded to assist Splendora. A ceiling in the home collapsed on firefighters as they tried to get the blaze under control. Fortunately, there were no injuries.

The home sustained heavy damage. Assistant Montgomery County Fire Marshal Scott Burlin said the fire was determined to be caused by an electrical problem.

About The Author

Related posts