rotator
rotator
rotator

CONROE MOVIE THEATRE AND A CONROE APARTMENT COMPLEX SAVED BY FIRE SPRINKLERS

The City of Conroe Fire Department was notified of an apartment fire at 1840 Longmire Rd (The Landings of Conroe) at approximately 08:25 a.m. on December 3, 2019.
Conroe firefighters arrived at approximately 08:30 a.m. and discovered an extinguished fire in an upstairs apartment. A single fire sprinkler head had activated and extinguished a stovetop grease fire. There were no reported injuries to firefighters or other occupants of the building. Thanks to the activation of the fire sprinkler, there was minimal fire or smoke damage. Water damage was limited to the affected apartment and the apartment immediately below. Fire crews worked to reduce property damage by turning off the fire sprinkler and removing as much water as possible.
A fire investigation has been completed by the City of Conroe Fire Marshal’s Office and the fire has been classified as accidental in nature. The Conroe Fire Department would like to remind residents that a leading cause of home fires is unattended cooking.
Sunday morning Conroe Firefighters responded to another fire at the Grand Theatre on League Line at I-45 for a fire alarm. They arrived with smoke in the building and a fire sprinkler actively working. The cause was found to be the popcorn machine had caught fire.
These incidents is an excellent example of the vital role a properly installed and maintained automatic fire sprinkler system can play in saving lives and reducing property damage. It is likely that the automatic fire sprinkler system saved hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage and property loss to the building’s owners and occupants.
Automatic fire sprinkler systems have over 100 years of proven performance protecting life and property.

About The Author

Leave a Reply