Just after 10”30am Saturday morning the employees at Pizza and Movies on the Go located near the intersection of Old Houston and FM 1485 started to smell smoke. That’s when they discovered the dryer in the back room was on fire. After calling the Fire Department they attempted to extinguish the blaze with fire extinguishers. The fire grew in intensity. Caney Creek Fire Department arrived on the scene first with heavy smoke visible. Crews immediately entered the building and were able to quickly knock down the fire.Moderate damage was done to the back room and smoke damage throughout.
Employees who gathered outside were already formulating a game plan to start cleaning and to get the business reopened as quickly as possible. In addition they have arranged with Service Master to start to restore the business.
Pizza and Movies on the Go served the community of Grangerland with rental videos and pizza. Many driving by saw the fire trucks and thought nothing of it as the establishment is a regular stop for firefighters both on and off duty.