At 2 am Tuesday morning Veronica Allen who resides at 17462 Grove Lane in New Caney woke up to what sounded like a loud pop on her front porch. Her husband Dave went t investigate and discovered heavy fire on the front of the house. Veronica and their two year old child Xander escaped the flames in nothing but underclothes, Dave was able to rescue his dog from the kennel in the house but was unable to locate their cat. Dave also attempted to rescue a liter of pups from the front porch but cut his hand as he was able to retrieve one pup.
New Caney, Porter and Caney Creek Fire Departments arrived a short time later and were faced with heavy fire conditions. As the were inside the home battling the blaze on room flashed over and flames then erupted through the attic and roof forcing the command staff to evacuated the firefighters from the structure due to safety concerns.
The home which was given to the family just recently by Veronicas ailing father was not yet insured. The family lost all their belongings.
The Red Cross Was notified.