Just after 11 am Thursday Cleveland Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire on County Road 3293 off FM 1010 south of Cleveland. Plum Grove, Tarkington, and East Montgomery County were also dispatched. When Cleveland Firefighters arrived they were met with heavy fire conditions at the front door and porch area. An adult male resident informed firefighters his father was still inside. Firefighters entered through a bedroom window to begin a search. During that search, there was a roof collapse and communications were lost with the firefighters inside. An additional alarm was pulled which dispatched North Montgomery County Fire also. East Montgomery County firefighters arrived on the scene just after the collapse and went into the inferno searching for the firefighters inside. They located then and were able to re-establish communications. They also located the 79-year-old resident and brought him out. MCHD and Liberty County EMS worked to resuscitate the victim but they were unable to save him. Cleveland Fire Chief Sean Anderson said the fire was caused by the fireplace which was in use due to the cold weather. The victim’s son was not injured but did lose a dog in the blaze. One firefighter suffered minor injuries.