Funeral arrangements have been made for Houston Police Sergeant Steve Perez, 60, who died in the line of duty while reporting for work during Hurricane Harvey.
Services will be held at the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart at 1111 St. Joseph Parkway at 9:30 a.m. TOMORROW (Wednesday, September 13).
Following the funeral mass, HPD honors will be rendered outside the front of the church. HPD will then escort the funeral procession to the Houston National Cemetery for a private burial service.
Members of the public should be aware of some downtown street closures Wednesday morning. Beginning about 7:30 a.m., some streets immediately surrounding the Co-Cathedral will be closed. These include:
- St. Joseph’s Parkway between Caroline and Main
- Fannin between Pierce and Jefferson
- San Jacinto between Pierce and Jefferson
Additionally, streets a few blocks outside the immediate church perimeter will remain open, but there will be lane closures. Motorists should plan accordingly.
Finally, members of the public who wish to observe the motorcade as it processes toward Houston National Cemetery may do so by observing the following route:
- From Downtown Houston to the North Freeway (North Interstate Highway 45)
- North Freeway to North Sam Houston Parkway East
- North Sam Houston Parkway East service road to Veteran’s Memorial
The procession is estimated to take place between 11:30 a.m. and noon.
For additional information, please contact the HPD Public Affairs Office at 713-308-3200.