Gas leak causes evacuation in Walden

Some residents of Walden on Lake Conroe were evacuated around 7:30 p.m. Friday night, when a 500 gallon underground propane tank with about 400 gallons inside began to leak in the area of Edgewater and Thoreau.

The temperature was around 49 degrees and it was raining, which held the gas near the ground. A mandatory evacuation was ordered for homes within a one-quarter mile radius of the leak, which included about 100 homes.

Click the arrow to view video.

Evacuees were sent to the Walden Yacht Club and another facility. Fortunately, gas crews pumped the product out of the tank and all residents were allowed to return home by around 1 a.m.

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery Police Department, Montgomery Fire Department, and Pct. 1 and 5 Constable’s Offices handled the scene.

About The Author

Related posts