At 2:13p.m. Monday Cut and Shoot, Caney Creek and North Montgomery County Fire Department responded to a reported house fire in the 16500 of Condra Drive off Crockett Martin. When they arrived they found an abandon home totally involved. Winds were already blowing embers in the area sparking multiple small grass fires.
Although there was no meter power was still connected from the pole. The wire burned in two and was arcing on the ground. Sam Houston Electric Co-op responded to the scene to disconnect the power.
A neighbor who reported the fire was desperately watering the side of his home trying to keep the radiant heat from igniting it. His home was no damaged.
The Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.
Low temperatures and low humidity are moving into the area along with high winds. The small amount of rain this morning was not enough to prevent grass fire from easily igniting. There is no burn ban but please refrain from burning for the next few days.