A house fire at Patsy and Pine Manor kept firefighters busy Sunday night. Just after 6:30 p.m. a kitchen fire quickly turned into a major fire. Firefighters first made entry in heavy smoke conditions but as they started up the stairway in search of the main seat of the fire conditions quickly worsened. At that point, fearing a flashover it was determined to pull firefighters out and go to a defensive mode but were able to quickly get back inside and continue operations. The fire which is believed to have started on the stove spread up and into the wall then up through the second floor and the attic. With the design of the home it was difficult to make access to the seat of the fire.
According to Oak Ridge North Police Chief Andy Walters the resident was in the backyard barbecuing when the children came out back and told him the kitchen was on fire.
The first alarm departments South Montgomery County, Needham and the Woodlands arrived but with the intensity of the fire and the heat of the day quickly wore down. A second alarm was sounded bringing River Plantation, Spring and Ponderosa Fire Department from Harris County.
The fire was brought under control at 8:15p.m. but were on the scene until after 11 p.m.