On Sunday at approximately 12:30 A.M. Deputies with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office responded to a disturbance in the 300 Blk of Oak Knoll, in far northeast Harris County. When deputies arrived they located three gunshot victims near the roadway. Several people were providing emergency medical treatment to the wounded subjects while other people were physically restraining the suspect. The homeowner, Kelly Danaher, a New Caney teacher was pronounced dead at the scene. The other two shooting victims, Ricky Johnson a Senior Captain with the Houston Fire Department and Marshall Stetson, were transported to Ben Taub Hospital with serious wounds. The suspect was identified as a neighbor, Raul Rodriguez.

The investigation determined that the Danahers were having a party at their residence. Rodriguez, who lives two houses west of the Danahers, called the Constable’s Office to complain about the loud music. When the matter was not resolved to his satisfaction, Rodriguez armed himself with a handgun, flashlight and video camera. Rodriguez walked down the street to the end of Danaher’s driveway. Rodriguez argued with Danaher and the other victims. The disturbance escalated and Rodriguez shot Danaher, Johnson and Stetson. Rodriguez was disarmed and restrained by other persons at the party. Rodriguez suffered non life threatening injuries, was treated at a hospital and released into the custody of the Sheriff’s Office..

The shooter, Raul Rodriguez was released from the Baytown Fire Department where he was formerly employed as a firefighter.

Kelly Danaher who was having a birthday party for his wife Mindy was a P.E. teacher at New Caney Sorter’s Mill Elementary. He was loved by his fellow teachers, administrators and students.
Kelly is also one of many family members who is a musician. His brother Brett is a guitarist in Pat Green’s band. His other brother Ben is also a musician.

Ricky Johnson, age 43, who was promoted to the rank of Senior Captain at Houston Station #74 which is off Aldine Bender in north Houston. As of tonight he is still fighting for his life.
Since early yesterday morning fellow firefighters stood on watch at Ben Taub Hospital along with his wife Nancy and his mother.
Tonight he came out of surgery for the second time today. They were able to close him up. The surgery this morning had to be stopped as he was rejecting the respirator which was causing him not to be oxygenating properly. Doctors say his lungs are still weak but hope for improvement over the next few days.

Marshall Stetson who was shot in the thigh was treated and released.

About The Author

Related posts