Archer, Wesley PaulConroe Police, Fire and MCHD responded to a crash Saturday morning in the 100 block of FM 3083 just west of the railroad tracks.

Investigating officers say Wesley Paul Archer, 34, of Conroe, was driving a 2005 Ford Freestar was traveling westbound on FM 3083 when he crossed the center line and struck a 2006 Ford Focus, driven by 66-year-old Jeanne Elaine Daggett. The woman attempted to swerve to the right to avoid the collision but both vehicles hit on the left corners.

Medics transported Daggett to Conroe Regional Hospital in very critical condition, however doctors were unable to save her.

Archer has been arrested and is currently being booked into the Montgomery County Jail on charges of Intoxication Manslaughter.

Judge Spikes ordered an autopsy be done on Daggett and ordered Eickenhorst Funeral Directors to transport her to the Montgomery County Forensic Center.

This is not the first fatal crash involving Archer.

On July 3, 2012 just after 5 a.m.  Stefen Dubei, 67, from Romania who was a Conroe resident for almost 17 years, walked into the Express Access Chevron station on FM 2854 near Artisian Forest just as they were opening. After buying cigarettes and talking with the store manager for a short time about his daily seven mile walk to work, he left westbound on FM 2854.

He was already past Loop 336. and at a point where the road goes from four lanes to two, when a Mercury Mountaineer driven by Wesley Archer struck Dubei on or near the shoulder. Archer was also headed to work. A red Hyundai Elantra driven by Sara Sparka who was behind Archer and traveling westbound to take a friend to work  then struck Dubei as he lay in the road.

MCHD and Conroe Fire Department responded to the scene and determined Dubei was already deceased.

Conroe police closed FM 2854 for almost four hours as they conducted their investigation. They were assisted by the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office.

Archer and Sparka who were both uninjured were taken to Conroe Regional Hospital for a mandatory blood draw. He was found to have medication in his system but had no signs of impairment.

A friend of Dubei who ran up on the scene said he had been a good friend for many years. He worked with him for a short period of time and said Dubei who worked on forklifts and machinery would walk  six miles to work every day. The money he made was then sent home to his family.

The only family Dubei had was in  Romania which is where is friend contacted Dubei’s wife and gave her the sad news.

The case was referred to the Montgomery County Grand Jury who no-billed Archer.