Local business owner airlifted after tire explosion

Saturday morning the Montgomery Fire Department responded to a traumatic injury call at 420 Liberty Street in downtown Montgomery.

The business owner, William Giles was injured while airing up a large tire. According to reports from the rescue workers, Giles received serious injuries when the tire exploded, hitting him in the wrist, bicep area and head.

Firemen reported that the tire had so much force that it blew through a metal roll-up door.
Giles was transported by air to the emergency room were he remains in serious condition.

A family member said “William was still hanging in there after the surgery and they all felt he’d would pull through, cause he was rough and tough and they hope that everyone would keep him in their prayers.”

About The Author

Related posts