Montgomery County and surrounding areas are under a
freeze warning frmom midnight tonight through 9 AM tomorrow. The National Weather Service anticipates the wind chill
temperatures in the 20 -25 F tonight.
has been issued for Montgomery County from midnight tonight to 9am Wednesday
When driving tomorrow morning be
cautious and aware of roads that might be prone to freeze.
review these safety tips as the cold weather approaches:
· If you need to go out, dress in layers and wear hats, gloves and an
· Avoid overexertion, as cold weather puts added strain on your body.
· Never place a space heater on top of furniture or near water.
· Keep heat sources at least 3 feet away from furniture and drapes.
· Never leave children unattended near a space heater.
· Make sure pets stay warm.
· Bring in or cover any plants that may not stand the cold.
· Protect your pipes.
· Turn off sprinklers, especially if they spray on the roadway.
Protect yourself from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning by installing a
battery-operated CO detector and never use generators, grills, camp stoves, or
similar devices indoors.
To receive emergency alerts to your phone or email from
Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management, register at .
When you are creating your profile, you must check the box next to Share my
Smart911 Profile with TX-Montgomery-County-911 to support emergency
informed and monitor conditions for Montgomery County and the surrounding area on
the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management website www.mctxoem.org,
Facebook, or twitter, NOAA Weather Radio (
or this website, www.mccops.com)