Compiled by Chief Deputy Barry Welch
Montgomery County Constable Pct. 4 Deputies served 42 civil papers with 15 evictions throughout East Montgomery County. Numerous suspects were arrested, clearing 31 JP4 warrants, 3 Montgomery County warrants, 2 Probation Revocation warrants, 1 Blue Warrant (parole violation) and 1 warrant from Louisiana.
No Driver’s License, No Insurance, No Way!
9 vehicles were towed in East Montgomery County last week because drivers had no license and/or no insurance, 3 were towed because the drivers were arrested and 3 were towed for other reasons.
Sorry, they’re closed
On October 15, around 4:30 a.m. the Pct. 4 Constable’s Office Special Response Team executed a search warrant at a residence located at 16319 FM 1485 in the Grangerland area known to be used for the consumption, distribution and sale of illegal drugs. SRT members discovered methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia containing methamphetamine residue and multiple items used for the sale and distribution of illegal drugs. Grace Schelley Stroud, 46, of Grangerland; Angela Sue Kohut, 30, of Cleveland; Kenneth Harold Ford, II, 25, of Conroe; and 40-year-old Kenneth Alvin Reed of Grangerland are charged with felony Possession of a Controlled Substance.
Just hold it!
On October 18, around 2 p.m., Deputy C. Turrentine responded to a call at Players Lounge on Ford Road where someone reported a man urinated on the bar. Witnesses told Deputy Turrentine the suspect displayed his penis and urinated on the bar and floor. The suspect denied the allegation, but showed signs of intoxication and failed the HGN portion of the Standard Field Sobriety Test. He also had unzipped pants and wet carpet around him on the floor, and the bar wall was wet. Joshua Ryan Kolenovsky, 32, of Kingwood, is charged with Public Intoxication and Urinating in Public.
- On October 14, around 3:30 a.m., Deputy J. Bergland made a routine traffic near the intersection of FM 1485 and FM 3083, where he recognized the driver as someone with an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Deputy Bergland noticed a pipe with methamphetamine residue in plain view on the driver’s seat. After receiving consent to search the vehicle, the deputy discovered small plastic bags containing methamphetamine. Multiple inconsistencies caused the deputy to check the vehicle’s VIN, which revealed the vehicle was stolen from Harris County a few days earlier. The driver, Jacob Daniel Painter, 27, of New Caney is charged with first-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver; Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle; and a Blue Warrant (revoking parole). The passenger, Mandy Ann Bassett, 35, of New Caney is charged with first degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance.
- On October 16, around 2:30 a.m., Deputy Ricky Ford stopped a vehicle on Loop 494 near Roberts Road because of a defective taillight and discovered the driver was in possession of methamphetamine. Marvin Lewis Beam, 40, of Grangerland is charged with state jail felony Possession of a Controlled Substance.
- On October 17, around 9:30 p.m., Deputy J. Chapa responded to the 23500 block of Loop 494 in reference to a welfare concern after medics saw a man stumbling through a parking lot and inhaling something from a can and then riding a bicycle into the middle of Loop 494 where he was almost struck by a vehicle. The suspect admitted a nearby can of air duster belonged to him. Jerry Frank Roberts, 39, of Porter is charged with Possession/Use of Inhalant and Public Intoxication.
- Just before midnight on October 12, Deputy C. Turrnetine stopped a vehicle on The US 59 southbound feeder road because he recognized the driver as having active JP 4 warrants. The passenger behaved suspiciously and the pair was found to be in possession of multiple plastic bags containing methamphetamine or methamphetamine residue, a used syringe, Hydrocodone, Xanax and Seroquil, as well as other drug paraphernalia. Passenger, James Authur “Junkie” Shane, III, 21, of Splendora is charged with first-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver; third-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance and Possession of a Dangerous Drug. The driver, Michael Lee “Mooky” Hicks, 25, of Houston is charged with first-degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance and 13 outstanding warrants. Passenger Mary Elizabeth Horn, 26, of Splendora is charged with Possession of Marijuana and felony Possession of a Controlled Substance.
HICKS HORN SHANE
- Carlos Jassel, 40, of Pasadena is charged with Public Intoxication. Cpl. A. Looza arrested Jassel around 10 p.m. on October 16 after seeing him walk from his truck and urinate by a dumpster at a convenience store on the corner of Hwy 59 and FM 1485.
- On October 17, around 3:30 a.m., Cpl. A. Looza stopped a vehicle in the 22900 block of Hwy 59 in Porter and found the driver to be drunk. A check of his license revealed the driver had two prior convictions for Driving While Intoxicated. Erick Silva, Jr., 27, of Rosharon is charged with Driving While Intoxicated 3rd.