Compiled by Chief Deputy Barry Welch
Montgomery County Constable Pct. 4 Deputies served 32 civil papers, 4 evictions and 1 writ throughout East Montgomery County. Numerous suspects were arrested, clearing 20 JP4 warrants and 2 Montgomery County warrants.
Pct. 4 deputies also provided security for the East Montgomery County Fair and Rodeo.
“We’re happy to provide the service, which saves the Fair Association money that can be added to scholarships for the kids,” Constable Hayden said.
The Constable said it was the first time he could recall when there were no arrests at the fair and he wanted to compliment the citizens of East County on their behavior during the event.
No Driver’s License, No Insurance, No Way!
14 vehicles were towed in East Montgomery County last week because 3 drivers had no license and/or no insurance, 9 drivers were arrested and 2 were towed for other reasons.
A costly game
On Sept. 8, Deputy J. Chapa was westbound on FM 1485 near Vick Rd. en route to a call when he saw a Chevy Tahoe several vehicles ahead, obstructing the roadway by swerving from the left lane to the right lane, making it impossible for vehicles behind him to pass. After seeing vehicles attempt unsuccessfully to pass the Tahoe Deputy Chapa stopped the reckless driver. The driver admitted he was intentionally preventing other vehicles from passing, blocking two lanes of traffic and said he was “playing around.” He then received a ride to jail, using only one lane. Ismael Guevara, 17, of New Caney is charged with Obstructing Highway or Other Passageway.
Combating Drugs & Alcohol
- Just after midnight on Sept. 10, Cpl. A Looza and Deputy J. Cannon stopped GMC pickup on the Hwy 59 feeder road at Northpark after watching the pickup almost strike another vehicle and then the outer curb of the road. The driver smelled strongly of alcohol and exhibited multiple signs of intoxication. After failing the standard field sobriety test, he was arrested and charged with Driving While Intoxicated, which is a third-degree felony due to his previous convictions for the same offense. Benjamin Jay Mulvehill, 26, of Porter, is charged with Driving While Intoxicated 3rd or more. His bond was set at $25,000.
- Around 11:20 p.m. on Sept. 9, Deputy E. Rivera stopped a vehicle with expired registration and noticed a strong odor of alcohol. The driver had slurred speech and other indications of intoxication and he admitted having left a local bar moments earlier where he drank multiple alcoholic beverages. After failing the standard field sobriety test, the driver was arrested and his vehicle was towed. His passenger was also found to be intoxicated and was arrested. Marc Edward Moore, 29, of Kingwood is charged with Driving While Intoxicated. Brian Wayne Hawk, 31, of Kingwood is charged with Public Intoxication.
BRIAN WAYNE HAWK
On Sept. 4, around 2 a.m. Deputy E. Rivera noticed a Hyundai Sonata swerving in and out of a single marked lane on Loop 494. He followed the vehicle and the driver committed another violation before Deputy Rivera was able to initiate a traffic stop. Upon approaching the vehicle, he smelled a strong odor of alcohol and saw other indications the driver was intoxicated. She admitted having multiple alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach and failed the standard field sobriety test. Angela Danette Goines, 33, of New Caney is charged with Driving While Intoxicated.
Just after 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 7, Deputy C. Turrentine responded to a call for a welfare check in the 23200 block of FM 1314 where he found a woman trying unsuccessfully to get a key into the lock on her truck door. He asked her several questions and she was unable to answer any of them. She complained she was unable to see where to put the key into the door. Deputy Turrentine called for EMS to rule out any medical issues. She responded correctly to medics’ questions and refused transport to a hospital. Carrie Stanley Bloom, 47, of Porter is charged with Public Intoxication.
CARRIE STANLEY BLOOM
Just after midnight on Sept. 9, Deputy J. Bergland stopped an Isuzu SUV travelling with no headlights. He noticed the odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. After receiving consent to search the vehicle, the deputy found a plastic bag containing marijuana in the console. The passenger stated the marijuana belonged to him and was arrested. Jason Todd Horn, 22, of Porter is charged with Possession of Marijuana.
- A little before midnight on August 28, Deputy J. Bergland stopped a vehicle on FM 1485 near FM 2090, in front of Caney Creek High School, where he found a passenger in possession of cocaine. Because the violation was within 1000 feet of a school, the penalty was increased one level. Deni Michelle Bishop, 17, of Grangerland is charged with a third degree felony Possession of a Controlled Substance.
- DENI MICHELLE BISHOP
- On Sept. 9, just after 8 p.m., Cpl. A. Looza and Deputy J. Cannon stopped a Nissan Altima on Loop 494 because of a non-working headlight. The driver had two active warrants in the city of Humble and was placed into custody. A tow truck was called for the vehicle and while conducting an inventory, the deputies discovered a small plastic bag containing cocaine. Clint Aaron Cooper, 26, of Kingwood is charged with state jail felony Possession of a Controlled Substance.
CLINT AARON COOPER
- While responding to a report of shots fired in the 16300 block of Wild Oak Lane on Sept. 9, around 11 p.m. Deputy J. Chapa met with man whose identification revealed 10 active JP 4 warrants. Deputy Chapa took the man into custody. A subsequent search of the suspect produced multiple plastic bags containing methamphetamine. Justin Ryan Walsh, 29, of Conroe is charged with state jail felony Possession of a Controlled Substance and 10 warrants for various violations.
Montgomery County Pct. 4 Constable’s Office
If you have any information regarding the persons listed below, please call the Pct. 4 Constable’s Office at 281-577-8985. (See attached photos)
· Audra Creech, 12/1/1973, Conroe
· Joshua Howard, 9/29/1981, Porter
· Linda Latimer, 8/23/1965, Splendora
· John Pilkey, 2/27/1981, New Caney
Michael Yancy, 11/5/1985, Porter
Betty Carden, 3/16/1962, Porter
Gary Nash, 5/1/1961, Splendora
Beau Johnson, 11/18/1984, Porter
Anthony Duvall, 5/16/1969, Splendora
Shawn Gilliand, 4/24/1975, Conroe