rotator
rotator
rotator

MOTHER SAVES BABY FROM BURNING HOME

About 11:20 pm a Pinehurst resident was visiting with neighbors when she started to smell smoke in the house located at 12723 Pinecrest in the Pinedale Mobile Home Community. She ran to the back room where her 2-year-old child was asleep on the bed. As she got to the door she heard the child screaming and then realized what appeared to be an electrical outlet on the side of the bed on fire. She immediately got the child out and alerted a neighbor to the fire. With fire en-route, the neighbor used at least 2 fire extinguishers to partially knock down the fire in the bedroom. Shortly after Magnolia and Tomball firefighters arrived on the scene. MCHD was en route and Northwest EMS also arrived at the scene. The 2-year-old was transported to Memorial Hermann in the Texas Medical Center with first and second-degree burns to 30% of his body but was in stable condition. Firefighters credit the mother for her rapid response saving her child and closing the bedroom door, sealing the fire off the remainder of the home. When fire crews arrived they were able to quickly extinguish the blaze. The Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office will be investigating.

About The Author