new caney man seriously burned

Just before midnight a New Caney man was out in his yard with his wife on FM 1485 at Caney Drive. They had two fires burning in the yard. The man holding a five gallon can of gasoline he is believed to have dumped it onto the fire. It was at this point the spout of the gas can caught fire. As he began to panic he spun around causing gasoline to spew on him and ignite. When he went to the ground in an attempt to roll, he rolled into the fire. The man suffered second and third degree burns over 90% of his body. In addition his airway was obstructed with damage from the fire and soot.

Life Flight from Baytown had already been in the air and immediately responded at the request of MCHD and New Caney Fire Department.

A landing zone was set up just blocks from the scene at the New Caney Fire station where the man was flown to Hermann Hospital in Houston in critical condition.


112610 new caney  man burned 1 112610 new caney  man burned 2 112610 new caney  man burned 3 112610 new caney  man burned 4 112610 new caney  man burned 5 112610 new caney  man burned 6 112610 new caney  man burned 7 112610 new caney  man burned 8 112610 new caney  man burned 9 112610 new caney  man burned 10 112610 new caney  man burned 11

About The Author

Related posts


  1. familyfriend

    TO CHIEF: First of all, you are absolutely heartless. I guess you and all your family members and friends are perfect and have never made a mistake. How wonderful you must be. I am a family friend and I pray for this family and all others who have lost loved ones.
    For you to think you have the right to even post such a ridiculous comment says alot about what kind of person you really are.
    It doesn’t matter what the circumstances are behind this tragedy!
    May God bless this family and have mercy on your cold dark soul.

  2. Chief

    Two things come to mind: 1. Was alcohol involved? and 2. Not only is gasoline dangerous, it’s illegal to use it as an accelerant in most states, this guy should have known this. In either case, not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

  3. puppydoglover

    That’s awful. Hopefully he will recover and quickly. That was very dangerous to pour gasoline on an open fire. Prayers for him and his family.

  4. lollie4281

    When will people learn the dangers of Gasoline? If an accelerant is necessary…there are many other options. Our children mimic our actions too and adults need to remember this. Davey Ruddick was 4 yrs old when he seen adults do this and that is why he did he has to live a life with pain and disabilities, not to mention he has no ears or nose, and deformities.

Comments are closed.