rotator
rotator
rotator
rotator

PATTON VILLAGE HOME DESTROYED BY FIRE

Just after noon on Monday EMCFD responded to a reported house fire on Long Street in Patton Village. At the same time a call came into Patton Village City Hall and police responded from just down the street. The first officer on the scene reported heavy smoke and fire. As fire crews pulled out of the Roman Forest Fire Station they also saw the large column of smoke rising. Once on scene they were able to put a quick stop on the fire but not before the home sustained heavy smoke and fire damage. Geraldine Maddox who has lived in the home over 50-years was doing yard work when she looked up and saw the smoke and fire. She immediately ran to a neighbor’s house who had already seen in and was on the phone with dispatchers. Mayor Tarrant and Councilman David Daniels also responded from city hall. Daniels spotted Maddox dog in the back yard and was able to get him to safety. Firefighters say it appeared to have started in the rear of the home near the water heater but will be investigated by the Montgomery County Fire Marshal to determine the exact cause of the blaze. Porter Fire Department assisted fighting the blaze as Caney Creek fire crews backed into the station to cover EMCFD’s area while they were on the scene.

About The Author

Related posts