rotator
rotator
rotator
rotator

Residential fire claims pets

CONROE- A house fire in Conroe Saturday night caused only moderate damage, thanks to a fast stop by the Conroe Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the structure fire at 124 Magnolia Street around 9:30 p.m., where they found heavy fire coming from the garage. They attacked it with a single line, stopping it from spreading to the attic or the rest of the house, confining the actual fire damage to mainly the garage, storage, and utility room.

Click the arrow to watch on-scene video; Scroll down to read more.

One of the home’s four residents said it was designed according to her mother’s specifications. Her mother moved to the house in 1999 and died in December of 2007.

The woman said her mother loved the home and was happy there and that was what really mattered. She now lives there with her two sisters and her teenage son, who she initially feared might have been sleeping inside.

The family’s pet schnauzer, J.J., was saved, but their two cats were lost in the fire.

It was reported after a neighbor boy saw the flames and alerted an adult.

The Conroe Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.

About The Author

Related posts