rotator
rotator
rotator

Tomball HS student falls ill while using vape pen


A Tomball High School student is in the hospital after experiencing a medical emergency involving a vape pen.

Police say the student was taken to a hospital in The Woodlands Monday afternoon after becoming ill.

The nature of the emergency was not shared with Eyewitness News, but Tomball ISD officials said a staff member at the school recognized the student needed help and called 911.

The student was on campus for after-school activities, the district said.

We do not know the student’s condition.

Tomball ISD released this statement to ABC13 late Monday:
“Tomball ISD can confirm a student at Tomball High School experienced a medical emergency during an after school activity involving a vape pen. A staff member immediately recognized the emergency, assisted with the incident as the student became ill and called 911 immediately. An ambulance arrived and the student was transported to a local hospital where family members were present. We have no new details on the student’s health at this time. In Tomball ISD, educational resources have been put in place and the district will continue its efforts to educate students and parents on the negative effects of vaping.”

About The Author

1 Comment

  1. michelle227

    Another media account cites a student who was present and has indicated that this was a THC ‘dab’ pen which is a very different thing than a traditional e-cig in terms of risk and legality. I am guessing we will never hear about the citation that is written (or SHOULD have been written) for the THC which, whether we like it or not, is not a legal substance in the State of Texas.

Leave a Reply