NORTH MONTGOMERY COUNTY – Three people were seriously burned Friday night in what the Fire Marshal Jimmy Williams says was a preventable accident.
The incident occurred at a residence north of Dobbin, off of FM 1486. The victims, all males, ages 12, 19 and 20, were near a campfire when one of the adults threw gasoline onto the fire, Williams said.
Click the arrow to view video.
“There was a flash fire and they all received significant burns,” Williams said. “The two adults were transported by Lifeflight and PHI to Houston Hermann with burns to the upper body, including possible respiratory burns.”
The 12-year-old was burned on his lower body and was transported by ground ambulance to a hospital in The Woodlands.
Williams said the men told responders they were trying to drive to the hospital, but decided to stop and call for help in Montgomery. The Montgomery Fire Department and MCHD EMS responded to their call at the Brookshire Brother’s parking lot on Eva Street.
“It goes without saying that gasoline should not be misused in such a manner,” Williams said.
The names were not released and the investigation is continuing.