Magnolia Man Dies From Burn Injuries

Lorenzo “Larry” David Allen, age 67, passed away Monday morning September 20,
2010, at the Herman Hospital Burn Unit in Houston, due to complications from burn
injuries. He was critically burned 16 days ago, on September 4, in an accident at his
Magnolia area home, involving a refillable style cigarette lighter. Mr. Allen, who
was confined to a wheel chair, was filling up his lighter with lighter fluid. When he
then tested the newly filled lighter, his hands and clothing ignited from the flame of
the lighter. Mr. Allen had most likely spilled lighter fluid on his hands and clothing,
which accelerated the flames. Due to various health conditions, Mr. Allen was not
able to get out of his motorized wheel chair by himself. Ann Bench, his companion
and caregiver, sustained minor burns on her hands trying to help Mr. Allen out of his
motorized wheel chair and while trying to extinguish the flames. The foam cushions
of the wheel chairs also ignited, which further spread the flames. Mr. Allen was
transported to Herman Hospital in Houston in critical condition where he was
treated for his burns for 16 days.
Mr. Allen in the 7th person to die in Montgomery County this year from fire related
injuries. There have also been 32 burn or fire related injuries so far this year.

About The Author

Related posts

1 Comment

Comments are closed.