FEBRUARY 12, 2010
PORTER – Another East Montgomery County neighborhood was freed from living with what had become a hotbed of illegal activity on Pinewood Drive in the Porter Heights subdivision.

The nuisance was a middle-class family home before it was abandoned three to four years ago. Richard Jordan with Montgomery County Environmental says area kids discovered it was empty and not only broke in, but vandalized the home and began to use it a variety of what Jordan called “undesirable activities.” In addition to providing basic shelter for drug abuse and other things, there was even some furniture left inside including a bed and chairs.

Three such properties were demolished by Cherry Demolition during the current budget cycle, at an average cost of $5,000 to $8,000 each A lien is placed on the property and when it is sold, the money goes back to Montgomery County Environmental for more demolition.

Jordan said after the next budget period begins, his office is ready to knock out some more.

In a July interview, Jordan said 14 nuisance properties were demolished in Pct. 4, with five more on the list. Friday’s demolition was at least the third since that time for a total of 17 or more of the 19 initially targeted.

Previous Pct. 4 demolitions:

EMC Home demolished

Dope house demolished

FEBRUARY 12, 2013
Monday night the owner of a Kingwood storage facility contacted Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constable Rowdy Hayden and reported a odor of marijuana. Constable responded to the scene and he too detected the strong odor of marijuana.

A narcotics dog was requested to the scene and was able to locate two of the units as the source of the odor. A search warrant was drawn up and just after 2 a.m., the search warrant was executed.

Once inside deputies found two separate grow operations. One within a homemade plywood box. A second one was located on a sixteen-foot lowboy trailer closed in with plywood. Inside the trailer were lights, air conditioning, and an elaborate watering system.

The system was completely dismantled and removed.

Close to 100 plants were seized. Deputies know who was renting the facility and are currently looking for him.

The second storage unit next door yielded several vehicles and motorcycles.

No value has been set on the plants as of yet. The investigation is continuing.

FEBRUARY 12, 2013
Late Tuesday afternoon Montgomery County Precinct 4 Deputies were contacted by a Houston Police Department Auto Theft detective. He reported that he had possibly found the horse that was stolen Friday from the Tractor Supply in Porter.
Deputies responded to the location and were able to recover the horse. The truck and trailer were not at the location.
Deputy Morrow contacted the horse’s owner Anita Lee who had been out most of the day placing signs offering a reward for the horse’s return. She had just sat down to eat when the call came.
A friend loaned Lee a truck and trailer as she responded to the Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constables Office in New Caney.
The horse, Kat’s Trophy arrived and welcomed Lee’s hand out of peppermints but was more interested in getting to some green grass. Lee said Kat’s Trophy looked a little thin and had halter burns but was otherwise in good condition.
Deputy Morrow said the horse had been dropped at the location several days ago and was tied to a tree with no food or water. There were other horses on the location also which had been taken care of.
According to Constable Hayden, they are now talking to some people in the area in an attempt to find the ones responsible for the theft and also try to locate the truck and trailer.

FEBRUARY 12, 2014
On January 15 a seven-year-old was waiting at the bus stop with several other children at the corner of Ravenwood and Fawn. Just as the bus approached a pit bull started attacking the young boy.  As the bus driver assisted he was able to get away from the dog and get on the bus. Some of the attacks was caught on the bus video camera. As the boy gets on the bus the driver tries to comfort the child. He transported the child to a school where his family was called. They transported the boy with ten bites to Kingwood Hospital where he required twenty stitches.

Montgomery County Animal Control was notified and responded to the scene. They were able to identify the owner and seize the dog. Shortly after they filed with Montgomery County Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace, asking the dog to be considered dangerous and euthanized. A hearing was set for Wednesday morning to determine the dog’s fate. In a standard hearing of this type, the owner is a server in that he may also appear before the judge to present his case on why the dog should not be declared dangerous. On five separate occasions Montgomery County Precinct 4 Deputies attempted to serve the court papers on the owner but were not able to find him. They did however make contact with the owner’s family but still, the owner never contacted the deputies. Judge Metts, said he felt a diligent effort had been made to serve the owner and began hearing testimony from Montgomery County Animal Control Director Tim Holifield.

Holifield described to the court the photos and the school bus video. After viewing the evidence, Judge Metts ordered the dog to be euthanized and considered a dangerous dog.


FEBRUARY 12, 2014
A New Caney woman left the courtroom of Montgomery County Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace James Metts unhappy and under arrest Wednesday afternoon. The court heard hours of testimony regarding whether 50-year-old Kimberly Ann Adams should be allowed to keep the horses and other animals she is accused of neglecting 18 horses, resulting in the death of three.

On January 31, Livestock Deputies with the Precinct 4 Constable’s Office and an Animal Control officer conducted an animal cruelty investigation at Adams’s home located in the 17200 block of North Crest Circle. The deputies were checking the condition of the livestock on location and the Animal Control officer was there to check out a report that Adams was neglecting her dogs.

They found two dead horses outside of the barn and one dead horse inside. All three were in advanced stages of decomposition emitting a terrible odor.

Adams told deputies the two horses in the pasture died in October, while the horse in the barn died in December, and she believed her ex-husband poisoned them. When asked if Adams had a veterinarian check the horses, she said she only spoke to one by phone and had not contacted someone to bury the remains because she did not want her ex-husband to find out about the horses and somehow use them as a deduction when he filed his tax return.

Deputies found the remaining 15 horses, including three colts, were in poor condition from lack of food and care. The horses had chewed much of the wood fencing, with entire boards missing in some places. There was hardly any grass left on the eight or so acres, leaving the hoses on mostly just dirt, and deputies witnessed one eating another horse’s manure. Adams stated she purchased food for the horse during the few days prior, but only a few empty feed sacks were found in the barn.

She was given a short amount of time to comply. When she failed to do so, deputies returned with representatives from the SPCA and they removed the surviving horses. Wednesday’s hearing was to determine whether she would retain ownership of the horses or lose them permanently, as requested by the County Attorney’s Office.

Precinct 4 Justice of the Peace James Metts heard the lengthy case that began in the morning and went into the early afternoon, with Adams claiming she properly fed and cared for the horses and believed their decline was due to poisoning by her ex-husband. She went so far as to call her two early teenage children to testify, asking each of them if they believed her ex-husband was capable of poisoning the horses. However, she never produced any evidence supporting that theory and even her own knowledgeable witness testified that scenario was unlikely.

Adams represented herself and was aggressive in her questioning of law enforcement and the veterinarian speaking on behalf of the SPCA. After he said it would be unusual for a veterinarian to diagnose and provide treatment for horses based on a phone conversation as she claimed, Adams questioned his education, which was obtained from Texas A&M University. Adams was defiant and remained adamant she did nothing wrong, claiming she was the victim of overzealous officers and her ex-husband.

Toward the end of the hearing, Adams became more humble and told the judge the horses were her livelihood, pleading with him to return them to her.

Judge Metts heard every witness and examined all the evidence presented before awarding the surviving horses to the SPCA.

The judge said he did not believe Adams “got up one morning and decided to mistreat these animals,” but he did believe they were cruelly treated in that they were not provided adequate food and shelter.

Before Adams could leave the courthouse, Precinct 4 Deputy Constables called her to the hallway out of the site of her children and placed her under arrest.

Kimberly Ann Adams is charged with five counts of Animal Cruelty. Her bond was set at $1,000 per count.

FEBRUARY 12, 2015
Just before 1 pm Montgomery County Hospital District, North Montgomery County Fire Department and Cut and Shoot Fire Department were dispatched to a single vehicle accident in the 17200 block of SH 105 East. On arrival they found a white Toyota Avalon upside down against a fence on the north side of the roadway. The male driver and female passenger were both trapped in the vehicle. Medics determined the drivers injuries were incompatible with life. Firefighters spent almost 15 minutes removing the female passenger from the vehicle. She was transported to Conroe Regional Hospital where she passed away just after 4:30pm.

According to DPS, the vehicle was westbound on SH 105 when the driver drove into the eastbound lane then back into the westbound lane and left the roadway, went through a ditch and became airborne. The vehicle then struck two large trees before flipping and coming to rest on its roof on top of a Consolidated Telephone cable box.

SH 105 was down to one lane until 4 pm when the roadway was reopened.

The victims have been identified as the driver, 74-year-old Jerry Roark, and the passenger as Charlotte Price Roark, age 78, both of Conroe.

FEBRUARY 12, 2016
A Harris County Precinct 4 Deputy Constable escaped serious injury Friday night. The deputy was eastbound on Spears Road in North Harris County when a woman who was westbound made a left turn into the Heritage Village Subdivision at Swords Creek in the path of the deputy. There were very minor injuries.

FEBRUARY 12, 2016
Close to 10 pm Friday night a Dayton man experienced a tire blow out as he was eastbound on FM 1960 just west of Briar Creek. He pulled into a strip shopping center to change the tire. What he saw next he could not believe. As he got out of his truck he saw a man one the opposite side of FM 1960 walking westbound on the poorly lit street. The next thing he heard was a boom and then what he described as a thump, thump followed by the same sound seconds later. It was then he saw the man had been hit and was in the middle turn lane. He said a Harris County Precinct 4 Deputy was closer to the intersection of Briar Creek on a traffic stop and either saw the crash or heard it and came running to the scene. He said the man attempted to sit up but was unable to. The deputy called for Cypress Creek EMS as the victim had severe head trauma. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Harris County Precinct 4 Constables Office is continuing the investigation.

FEBRUARY 12, 2016

FEBRUARY 12, 2017
Just after 1am Sunday morning, a driver who was northbound on West Loop 610 in Houston between I-10 and Memorial Drive lost control and after crossing several lanes crashed into the concrete wall. With several victims in the vehicle including a pregnant female, the male fled the scene on foot. A wrecker driver who was southbound on Loop 610, after hearing a description aired on the suspect spotted him walking on the shoulder of the southbound lanes near San Felipe. He gave chase and was quickly joined by Houston Police. As the driver ran across the main lanes of the freeway, police officers captured him. One of the victims in the vehicle was reported in critical condition. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office responded to the scene to assist in the investigation and render charges on the driver. No other vehicles were hit. The freeway reopened just after 5 am.

FEBRUARY 12, 2018
Just before midnight Monday a DPS unit working traffic on I-45 near The Woodlands spotted a silver Honda passenger vehicle with no tail light assembly. The trooper attempted a traffic stop. The driver with another male passenger and pregnant female passenger reached speeds up to 90 mph. The chase continued up 45 throwing what was believed to be drugs onto the highway and continued to Wilson Road then east on Wilson to Roberson. The driver wound through the streets of Conroe until he headed down 2nd Street. At the intersection of Sherman and 2nd, he struck a utility pole breaking it off and dropping cable lines to the road. In addition to blowing a fuse causing a fireworks show from the utility lines. Once he struck the pole his left front wheel ripped off. The vehicle continued south along the curb striking yet another pole and then several mailboxes before striking the last pole which stopped him. Two males jumped out and fled on foot. The female was slightly injured by the airbag. She was transported to the hospital in stable condition. The driver and other male passengers were soon found, one hiding a pickup truck 50-feet from where they fled. The passenger was released, the driver was arrested. A large quantity of meth was found in the vehicle.

FEBRUARY 12, 2018
On February 12, 2018 a political forum was held for the citizens of East Montgomery County. Each candidate was allotted 5 minutes to speak.

FEBRUARY 12, 2020

About The Author

Leave a Reply