Select your Top Menu from wp menus


NOVEMBER 21, 2006

NOVEMBER 21, 2006

NOVEMBER 21, 2006

NOVEMBER 21, 2008
CONROE- A River Plantation family won’t be spending the holidays at home after a two-alarm fire gutted the back of their house around 10:30 p.m. Friday night. However, the family found a positive side to the catastrophe and said they were grateful to firefighters and a neighbor who saved something irreplaceable.
Tracy Carnahan was alone at her home in the 600 block of Hampton Hall when she was awakened by a “popping” sound in the upstairs bathroom.
“I couldn’t imagine what it was,” Carnahan said. “It was the enamel cracking on the tub.” She also noticed a brown scorched spot as Carnahan heard her husband Kevin turn into the driveway with their two children.
Kevin Carnahan said the house was filling with smoke when he arrived and the family fled to the backyard.
“I saw the wood that was against the fireplace glowing and it was obviously burning, so I called 9-1-1,” he said.
Neighbor Pete Ringo ran over and used a fire extinguisher and then a garden hose on the spreading fire before the professionals arrived, but that wasn’t the end of his heroism.
River Plantation Fire Department and Needham Fire and Rescue responded first to the brick two-story home, followed by Grangerland Volunteer Fire Department and the Conroe Fire Department responded
Ringo sprung into action again, the Carnahan’s said, but not to fight the fire.
“He even ran inside because he knew we had a baseball signed by Roger Clemens,” Tracy Carnahan said. “I never would’ve thought of that.”
Last year, Ringo and Kevin Carnahan coached their sons’ baseball team and Clemens visited and signed a ball for each team member, she said.
Assistant Fire Chief Randy Doyle with Needham Fire and Rescue said crews arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the eaves of the home. After the fire was extinguished, the smoke was evidenced by discoloration on the white brick walls near the roof.
Tracy Carnahan was not as upset as many might be as she shivered in the cold air looking at her damaged home. She was more concerned about the safety of firefighters on her roof and around the damaged home. Carnahan was especially touched when one of the firemen told her they located and saved some of the Christmas presents she’d already bought after hearing her mention them to someone else as she stood on the street.
“Thank you so much,” she said. “And thank you for coming here in the middle of the night.”
Carnahan thanked numerous firefighters individually and said she wanted to find some other way to express the family’s gratitude for their efforts not only to stop the fire but to save as many of their belongings as possible from the water damage that often destroys so much.
She said the things that couldn’t be saved were only material and could be replaced, but her family was what mattered and they were all safe.
The Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the fire, as is standard practice.

NOVEMBER 21, 2013
Wednesday night close top 10 pm flames boiled out of a home on Breckenridge Drive in Magnolia. When Magnolia firefighters arrived they found the two-story home so heavily engulfed in flames that they were not able to enter it to fight the fire from the inside.

Back in October, after a lengthy investigation, this house along with ten others was seized by the DEA, Montgomery County District Attorneys Office, and Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department Special Investigations Unit. It was determined the homes were part of a money-laundering operation by the cartel.

The home was valued at $350,00. It is complete with wooded land and a swimming pool.

Thursday the Montgomery County District Attorneys Office, Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office SIU were looking for clues to what started the blaze. It is believed to be arson

First Assistant District Attorney Phil Grant said if it is determined to be arson, those responsible will be found and prosecuted. The felony charge could get someone to life in prison.

Even though the house is in the rubble at this time it could be sold as-is and let the buyer rebuild. Another possibility is if insurance was still in place by the owner prior to the seizure insurance funds could be paid to the county.

Grant also said that if it was in fact arson and the fire was set in an attempt to stop the seizure, officials will attach other assets equal to the value of the loss.

NOVEMBER 21, 2013
At 12:32 p.m. Thursday, Conroe Police were summoned to the Emergency Room at Conroe Regional Medical Center, where a 28-year-old mother brought in her 4-year-old daughter for treatment of what appeared to be serious trauma.
Officers met with medical staff, the mother, and the mother’s 21-year-old live-in boyfriend. Officers learned the child was in critical condition and was being air-lifted to a Houston hospital. The mother said she and her boyfriend have been lived together since May at the Stone Ridge Apartments, located at 229 N. IH-45 in Conroe. She said she was called home from work by her boyfriend, who was caring for the child when the child became unresponsive. When the mother arrived home, she and her boyfriend took the child to the Emergency Room.

Investigators from the CPD Criminal Investigations Division, Crime Scene Investigators, Child Protective Services, and representatives from the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office responded to the hospital, and later to the family’s apartment.
Officials subsequently learned the 4-year-old had an 8-year-old sister who was transported to a hospital in The Woodlands earlier the same day after officials at the girl’s school saw she had facial trauma injuries. They independently summoned CPS to the school.
Conroe PD investigators also responded to that hospital to initiate an investigation into the 8-year-old’s injuries, which were not life-threatening.

As of this writing, investigators are interviewing the mother and live-in boyfriend (who is not the biological father of any of the injured children) and collecting evidence.
Conroe PD, the D.A.’s Office, and CPS will continue a thorough investigation into this case to ensure the safety of the children and will file any appropriate charges stemming from the investigation.

NOVEMBER 21, 2014
A Blue Warrant was issued for Rickey Lynn Putman Jr., 32, of Conroe by the Texas Department of Pardons and Parole after he violated his parole. Just after 1 pm Friday DPS undercover officers attempted to take him into custody from a home on Magnolia Bend in the Magnolia Bend Subdivision south of Conroe. Putman refused to exit the home and the Montgomery County SWAT Team was activated since he has been known to have weapons.

As deputies waited for the arrival of SWAT a vehicle pulled up to the scene, the friend of the suspect was identified and found to have open warrants. He was arrested.

As deputies closed off the road the SWAT members got into position. Several times they announced over the loudspeaker of their armored vehicle, “Ricky Putman, this is the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, come out with your hands up.” With still no response SWAT breached the door and located Putman hiding in a closet. He was taken into custody.

Putman lettered for head coach Alan Sapp at Caney Creek High School where he was a pitcher, along with a first and third baseman. He was an all an All-district, All-Montgomery County honoree. He also played basketball at Caney Creek and competed in the high jump on the track team.

Putman went on to Panola College, playing baseball he moved on to the University of Houston. after pitching some in the 2004 season he was drafted by the San Francisco Giants in the 20th round of the 2004 MLB June Amateur Draft from U of H.

In 2004 he played for the Arizona League/Giants, in 2005 he played for the Northwest League/Salem-Keizer-Volcanoes, and in 2006 after going to the Frontier League with the Chillicothe Paints which he did not complete.

Along with his baseball career was the start of his criminal career when he was arrested in 2002 by Conroe Police with a small amount of marijuana for which he completed one year on probation.

He was then arrested by DPS in 2007 for almost five pounds of marijuana for which he was sentenced to 3 years deferred probation.

One month after his arrest by DPS he was arrested in Wharton County for possession of marijuana and given one-year probation.

But in 2007 he moved to a harder drug when he was arrested for possession of a controlled substance by Harris County Sheriffs Office. In addition, he was arrested for possession with intent to deliver in Montgomery County. On the Montgomery County charge he was given deferred probation but with the Harris County case, He was sentenced to two years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice by a Harris County District Judge.

On September 28, 2010, he was out of prison and once again arrested for possession of a controlled substance. That case was dismissed and his 2007 deferred case was adjudicated.

In 2011 he was arrested by the Harris County Sheriff’s Office for DWI and was sentenced to twenty days in the Harris County Jail.

On May 17, 2012, he was arrested in Montgomery County on a Blue Warrant after violating his parole from the 2007 charge.

Then on October 23, 2012, he was arrested in Montgomery County for falsification of a drug test and was sentenced to thirty days in the Montgomery County Jail.

On January 3, 2013, he was once again arrested in Montgomery County for manufacture and delivery of a controlled substance after Montgomery County SIU arrested him with 44 grams of meth in the Sam Houston National Forest along with a firearm which he was not allowed to have to be a convicted felon. For that, he was sentenced to eight years in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Just sixteen months later he was paroled from TDC until January 2020.

He is now being booked into the Montgomery County Jail for the Blue Warrant.

NOVEMBER 21, 2016
On Sunday, November 20, 2016, at approximately 4:20 a.m. the Montgomery County Precinct 3 Constable’s Office received a call through 911 that a homeowner had awoken to find a man in her bedroom, the male touched the woman while she slept. At this time her boyfriend awoke and chased the male out of the home and down the street but was unable to catch him. Deputies arrived and took the initial report. On 11/21/2016 deputies and detectives were on scene conducting a follow up when another call came in that a male fitting the description of the original suspect was seen looking into another home in the immediate area. Deputies arrived on scene and located the suspect Jones, Lonnie B/M DOB 05-03-1983. Jones matched the surveillance footage from the previous scene and he was detained at this time. Jones was transported to the station and interviewed by detectives where he admitted to being the man in the surveillance footage. Jones was out on bond in Montgomery County for Indecency with a Child. Jones has been charged with Burglary of a Habitation and booked into the Montgomery County jail without incident.
The Montgomery County Precinct 3 Constables Office worked almost non stop since the beginning of the incident to put the suspect in custody.

NOVEMBER 21, 2016
Just after 8 pm employees of the Show Biz Movie Theatre were doing a routine perimeter check. One of the employees found a device which was a black backpack attached with two wires to the gas meter in the rear of the business. One Sunday management had terminated an employee who they thought may have had some issues and were told to keep an eye out for him. Even though the employee wasn’t seen the manager decided to evacuate what were at least five theatres showing. As the evacuation was in progress, two box trucks were seen leaving the parking lot. HPD put out an attempt to locate on the box trucks. The theatre is in Montgomery County but within the Houston City Limits. The Houston Fire Department and Houston Police Department responded to the scene. They then requested the assistance of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Montgomery County Precinct 4 Constables Office, Roman Forest Police and Patton Village Police and DPS to secure the large perimeter and to assist in the evacuation of the theatre, What a Burger and Sonic and possible evacuation of the apartments, homes and assisted living center behind the theatre. Houston Police Bomb Squad responded along with Joe Manz with the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office bomb dog handler. Houston Police Bomb Squad then determined the device was some type of a teasing device used by Centerpoint Gas. As this was going on HPD units were able to locate the box trucks which they stopped on I-69 near the George R, Brown Convention Center. As they checked the trucks both were empty, however, one of the trucks was stolen. That driver was taken into custody. Lt. Larry Crowson with the Houston Police Department said given the circumstances he believes the manager made the right call in evacuating for the safety of the patrons.