rotator
rotator
rotator
rotator

Willis family watches home burn

November 23, 2009

WILLIS – A wood frame home in the 141800 block of Hwy 75 was destroyed by fire on Sunday night.

When the North Montgomery County Fire Department arrived, heavy fire was coming from the rear of the house and its owners were outside in their pajamas. They were asleep when the fire began and they escaped with their lives but not so much as a pair of shoes. Firefighters managed to go inside and pull out shoes, but just about everything else was lost.

Officials said the cause of the fire may have been a charcoal grill used to cook dinner, which was finished around 4:30 p.m. The family left the charcoal burning, and it appeared to be the origin of the fire.

They moved into the home in February.

About The Author

Related posts