An Amber Alert has been issued for a College Station three-year-old that went missing late Wednesday night.
Nichols was last seen wearing jeans with a green sweater and brown boots. She has a shaved head, but could be wearing a wig. Nichols also has a tattoo on her upper left arm.
They are believed to be in a 2006 Toyota Highlander, white in color, with Texas LP MWS8187 with a “Princess on Board” sticker on the back window. Below are actual pictures of the car:
Police say Nichols Maranda does not have full legal custody of Adeline and Adeline suffers from medical conditions that place her in immediate danger of death or serious bodily injury.
The life-sustaining medical equipment and medication she requires was located at the residence in the 1500 block of Holleman.
Here are the requirements for an Amber Alert to be issued in Texas:
- The missing child must be 17 years of age or younger.
2. The law enforcement agency believes the missing child has been abducted. This means the child was either unwillingly taken from their environment without permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or taken by the child’s parent or legal guardian who commits an act of murder or attempted murder during the time of the abduction.
3. The law enforcement agency believes the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
4. The law enforcement agency has conducted an investigation that has verified that an abduction has taken place or ruled out alternative explanations.
5. Sufficient information is available to distribute to the public that could assist in locating the abducted child, suspect, or the vehicle used in the abduction