Sunday, July 21, 2024
HomeLocal / Area NewsAUNT SAVES NIECE IN HOUSE FIRE

AUNT SAVES NIECE IN HOUSE FIRE

Just before 9 p.m. Monday evening New Caney Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at Country Club and Roman Forest. It was reported a space heater ignited and the home was filling with smoke.  New Caney’s station is on the opposite end of Roman Forest and when they arrived they reported heavy fire out of the upstairs windows.

Porter and other New Caney stations were enroute to assist. Since there are no fire hydrants in the east end of the subdivision a portable water tank was set up. Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control. Heavy damage was reported to an upstairs bedroom and heavy smoke damage to the upper floor.

At the time of the fire the homeowner was in her bedroom on the first floor of the home. It was then that the smoke alarms started sounding throughout the home as they were interconnected. Immediately the home owner went to the second floor where she saw smoke coming from her nieces bedroom. Her niece was still fast asleep when her aunt was able to get her out without injury.

The Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the blaze which appeared to have started with a space heater.

Firefighters were also challenged with something they had not run in to before. As they attempted to pull hose from the trucks to the home they had a difficult time with footing in the front yard of the home which appeared to have been recently plowed and was extremely soft and wet.

A neighbor stated the yard had not been plowed but it had been the work of the local wild hogs rutting in the soil.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI7x6bIcjio&feature=youtu.be

 

 

IMGA0645IMGA0646IMGA0647

- Advertisment -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -