Saturday, July 20, 2024
HomeLocal / Area NewsCOMMUNITY COMES TOGETHER TO HELP PORTER FIRE VICTIMS

COMMUNITY COMES TOGETHER TO HELP PORTER FIRE VICTIMS

Tuesday morning just after 9 a.m. Donnette Knox was cooking breakfast at their Porter home on  Oak Leaf Drive when the grease caught fire. In a panic and not thinking about it she did something that should never be done, attempt to put a grease fire out with water. The fire erupted and spread across the kitchen, Donnette, her husband Bobby Knox and their children 13-year-old Sarena and Breana age 16 barely escaped the burning home. Also with them were three friends that had been staying with them.

Porter Fire Department, New Caney and Caney Creek Fire Department responded but the inside of the house was already gutted. They were able to save their dog.

Friday morning several people from the community got together and decided to make use of the large two car garage that was attached to the home of the fire victims but was not damaged.

Marty Murray with 5 Star Construction, Jason Howard with Rajay Construction, Brian Kelly and Steven Williams with K and R Steel and Jessie Bonin with Southern Hull Trucking  took the day Friday and started framing the garage to convert it to a home. Home Depot of Porter assisted with discounting some material.

A Facebook page was set up and money started to come in.

Saturday morning the home will be ready for plumbing and electrical. After that an insulation contractor is standing by to start insulating the home.

A few people have come by and dropped off a cabinet and a few items needed for the job.

They hope to finish the home early next week.

 

THE KNOX FAMILY FIRE RECOVERY FUND-CLICK HERE

 

 

DSC09030DSC09031DSC09032DSC09033DSC09034DSC09035DSC09036DSC09037DSC09038DSC09039DSC09040DSC09041DSC09042

- Advertisment -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -