Saturday afternoon Spring Fire Department responded to a house fire on Anzalone Drive in Spring. They arrived to find heavy smoke conditions on the rear of the home. According to the home owner, Ray Gutierrez, he was home and smelled something electrical. He checked the microwave and found nothing. He then noticed smoke down the hallway. He got his dog out and ran to a neighbor to call the fire department. They were not home so he tried another neighbor. Spring arrived and as firefighters worked to extinguish the fire they discovered the owners dog had run back into the house. Je was found in his cage and brought out. After administering oxygen and water the dog appeared fine.
The cause was not determined. The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating. The owner did saw that a week earlier a spark blew out of the wall and blew his wife’s hair dryer out.
During the fire, two firefighters suffered minor injuries. A ankle on one and knee on the other. Both were transported to Houston Northwest Medical Center in stable condition.