Thursday, February 29, 2024
HomeLocal / Area NewsFAMILY ESCAPES BURNING MOBILEHOME

FAMILY ESCAPES BURNING MOBILEHOME

Just before midnight, Porter Fire was dispatched to a mobile home fire on Orchard Bee in Porter. Units from East Montgomery Coutny Fire also responded. There were initial reports of possible victims trapped. Units went point the scene with heavy fire showing from the house. One of the homeowners thought to be trapped was not however one was slightly injured after breaking the glass. The home was a total loss. Again in less than a week, pets played a part in the blaze. One dog was saved, however, a cat and a dog were lost in the blaze. Residents attempted to use a garden hose on the fire and extinguishes it before firefighters arrived. That did little. A working smoke detector was found in the home and even though it was melted it was still sounding. Firefighters remind residents. if your home is on fire, as you exit close all the doors possible, and do not break any windows. A fire needs oxygen to burn, as oxygen is depleted it cannot burn as intensely and gives firefighters the upper hand on saving property.

 

- Advertisment -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -