Tuesday, March 5, 2024
HomeFatal CrashesFAMILY SUING AFTER 7-YEAR-OLD KILLED IN CRASH IN NEW CANEY

FAMILY SUING AFTER 7-YEAR-OLD KILLED IN CRASH IN NEW CANEY

DRIVER INVOLVED IN EIGHT CRASHES SINCE 2016
MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Texas — A family is suing a truck driver and the company he works for after a deadly crash that happened on I-69 in New Caney on August 8th. Juan Pablo Ariza-Rozo, 7, was killed in the crash. “He was a lovely kind boy and that day, somebody just destroyed our family,” said his mother Andrea Ariza-Rozo who is a longtime educator at Cleveland’s Southside Elementary. “Everything changed that day.” Andrea was taking her two sons, Juan Pablo and his brother Andres, 9, to their first day of school when a Hussmann Corporation vehicle that was traveling in front of them hit a concrete barrier. The family’s lawyer said the truck went airborne and landed on top of their vehicle. The family is suing the driver of the truck and the Hussmann Corporation, saying the driver was fatigued and had been involved in eight collisions since 2016. “So this guy is a ticking timebomb on the roadways with us, our families, our friends, and our children,” said attorney Brant Stogner. They are seeking $100 million, alleging negligence and wrongful death claims. “So the decision to put this man behind the wheel has forever broken this family,” Stogner said. “It’s a decision we intend to hold them accountable for because we are all on the roadways with these same drivers.” Meanwhile, a devastated family struggles to endure their nightmare on the freeway.


SCENE VIDEO


THE KHOU STORY

 

- Advertisment -
RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -