Thursday, July 18, 2024
HomeLocal / Area NewsFireworks cause House Fire

Fireworks cause House Fire

Just before 3 p.m. on Sagebrush Court near Western Hills, several children were playing with roman candle fireworks when the porch of a single-wide mobile home caught fire, spreading quickly to the rest of the house.

A neighbor saw the flames on the front porch and ran to alert the owner while flames hurriedly crept inside.  An adult female and three children exited the home.

Caney Creek, Porter and New Caney Fire Departments were dispatched to the scene and arrived to find the home heavily involved in fire. Adequate water supply became an issue and firefighters made over a dozen trips from the scene to the schools in Grangerland where fire hydrants were available.

The home was completely destroyed. The family did not have insurance so Red Cross was notified and several of their neighbors assisted by bringing bags of clothing and food.

At 5 p.m., crews are still working on cooling down hot spots.





- Advertisment -


Comments are closed.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -