A lawsuit has been filed against a propane company on behalf of two Montgomery County women who were killed in a house explosion.

Jennifer Mock, her sister-in-law, Lena Mock Knight, and Mock’s 8-month-old grandson were in their house in Dobbin, Texas, when the gas explosion flattened the building on June 11, 2013. All three victims suffered serious burn injuries and were airlifted by LifeFlight to area hospitals.

Both Mock and Knight died from their injuries days after the explosion. The baby survived despite suffering severe burns.

Houston personal injury attorney Brant J. Stogner filed the lawsuit against Triangle B Corp, d/b/a Triangle B Propane, citing negligence and gross negligence.

According to a news release, an investigation by the Railroad Commission of Texas revealed that Triangle B Corp. installed and provided service to the gas lines at the house since 2008.

The release states that according to the Railroad Commission report, a Triangle B technician had been out to the house on the day before the explosion and “ignored signs of a possible leak that, if properly investigated, would have revealed corroded and compromised gas lines.”

The attorney also alleges that the technician “provided 100 gallons of propane to the home and failed to conduct a leak check of the home,” which is a violation of LP-gas safety rules.

Just last week a DPS Trooper who was driving past the location when the home exploded was awarded the DPS Director Award, the highest award given by DPS in the state. ‘

He stopped and with the help of several others rescued the victims from the home and treated them until medical and fire units arrived. The Trooper, from Waller County was on his way to a training class in Conroe.

 

HOUSE EXPLODES

http://youtu.be/S0q8sCi78r8

 

FIRE MARSHAL TALKS ABOUT EXPLOSION

http://youtu.be/crUDaXbdHwQ

 

CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL

http://youtu.be/Oo9zTvV67h4

 

BENEFIT FOR EXPLOSION VICTIMS

http://youtu.be/XoOQVgBE7nc

 

DPS DIRECTORS AWARD

http://youtu.be/8XeTvv6Not0

3 thoughts on “LAWSUIT FILED IN HOME EXPLOSION”
  1. Back when this story first broke in my post I quizzed if the occupants were smokers.

    It’s been reported that 100 gallons were delivered and 43 remained in the tank after the explosion that occurred a full day later. What this tells is that roughly 2+ gallons on average were leaking per hour after Hank Hill drove off to his next propane stop. A leak of that magnitude would have been obvious to anyone with full sniffery faculties.

    As an example, years back my 80 year old next door neighbor was a smoker. I pulled into my drive and when I exited the car I smelled cigarette smoke. As I rounded the corner and approached the back door, there was Mrs. Woods in her back yard gardening some 75 feet away. If I caught the odor of a Chesterfield wafting from a frail Mrs. Woods 25 yards away someone should have caught the smell of 9 pounds of propane leaking per hour.

    Smokers? Stinky house? Undisciplined pets? Some wildlife could have crawled beneath the house an dislodged some pipework but there’s a reason the residents didn’t alert on a leak this profound.

  2. Question,, when a person delivers propane to a home, are they required, by law, to do a leak check with every delivery ??and is this a free service provided by the propane service ?? just wondering ??

  3. “provided 100 gallons of propane to the home and failed to conduct a leak check of the home,”

    A proper leak-down test on gas lines of a home can only be performed by a licensed plumber who attaches a manifold to the system, pulls a vacuum, and evaluates the stability of the system to maintain that vacuum. Testing a system may take an hour+ and a failure requires the removal of any meter or supply. After any repair the entire system MUST be tested by, once again, a licensed plumber, who tests the system all over again & signs off on a successful test after which the meter / product gets reinstalled. Mucho trouble to test a system. Mucho money to repair same. I betting leak tests are done where the tanks attach to the system and NOT a leak check of the home as mentioned in the suit.

    Methinks these are delivery agents driving the trucks, not plumbers.

Comments are closed.