MONTGOMERY COUNTY – Montgomery County Public Health District, in conjunction with the Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, is recommending all residents recommit to CDC guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
· Avoid groups of people.
· Practice social distancing.
· Wear a mask in public (over your nose and mouth) or with others who live outside your household. Never share a mask with others.
· Teach children proper hygiene and the correct way to wear a mask.
· Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
· Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.
· As supply and eligibility increases, consider getting vaccinated.
For information and to check the availability of vaccines, please visit the new Vaccination Page on the Coronavirus Hub for Montgomery County here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/pages/vaccinations.
Today, we can confirm an additional death related to COVID-19.
· A man in his 70s, from Conroe, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
We can also confirm:
· TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 452 to 35,171 since yesterday’s (1/20) report. All 452 new cases were tested since 1/7/2021.
· ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 increased by 212 to 7,852 since yesterday’s (1/20) report.
· 82 county residents are known, as a result of contact investigations, to be in the hospital. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
· 17,299 people have clinically recovered.
This week, the Testing Positivity Rate for Montgomery County remains at 21% for the 2nd week. This number is updated weekly on Wednesdays.
Source: UT Health, School of Public Health