SAN JACINTO COUNTY, TX- One person is dead and another hospitalized following a residential fire in Shepherd. According to the San Jacinto County Sheriff’s Office, the fire occurred Sunday in the 100 block of Hill Avenue and is believed to have been caused by a faulty electrical outlet.
The SJCSO is continuing the investigation. No names have been released at this time. When more information is available, MCPR will post it.
Editor’s note: Please take this tragedy as a reminder to check your smoke detectors and ensure they’re in good working condition. If they’re old and/or only electrical, please invest in new ones. When you find out you needed to replace them, it could be too late.