Saturday, May 25, 2024
HomeLocal / Area NewsSnake survives, home doesn't

Snake survives, home doesn’t

Around 8 p.m. on Monday, the Splendora Fire Department responded to a house fire on West Relza Drive off FM 2090 where they arrived to find heavy flames visible. Chief Ray Vayden requested a second alarm bringing in Porter, New Caney and Grangerland Fire Departments.

The fire was quickly brought under control, but damage to the home was extensive and a car was also lost.

According to the Jeff Fox with the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office, it appeared that a propane line was leaking in the wall and possibly the water heater was the ignition source.

Ruth Barry was home with her son and grandson when they heard something and the kitchen wall bowed as the bedroom on the north side of the house exploded.

Another few hours and the outcome could have been a lot worse, since Ms. Barry slept in the room where the fire originated.

Her grandson was able to go inside after the fire and recover his two foot boa constrictor, which appeared to be unharmed.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -