Tropical Storm Beta will stall over Southeast Texas today and slowly move east northeast late tonight and Wednesday. This will allow for additional rainfall amounts across portions of the local area through tonight. Minor to Moderate coastal flooding will continue through Wednesday.
Flash Flood Messaging
Heavy rainfall is forecast to continue for portions of Southeast Texas, including highly urbanized areas like the Houston metropolitan area. Based on forecast conditions, NWS Houston will be utilizing the following urban flash flood messaging for this event:
“Turn Around, Don’t Drown” Flash Flooding (Select if Anticipating High Rainfall Rates; 2-4″/hour)
– Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Isolated underpasses or low-water crossings may be life-threatening.
– Monitor the NWS, your local media, HCFCD, and other official weather information sources.
“Stay Put” Flash Flooding (Select if Anticipating High Rainfall Rates; 2-4″/hour or 4-8″/ 3 hours)
– Stay put. Do not attempt to travel. Most roads are impassable.
– Underpasses and low-water crossings will be life-threatening.
– If caught in a sinking vehicle, get OUT.
– Bayous will exceed banks and structure flooding is possible.