Wednesday, July 17, 2024
HomeLocal / Area NewsUNATTENDED TRASH FIRE DAMAGES NEIGHBORS PROPERTY

UNATTENDED TRASH FIRE DAMAGES NEIGHBORS PROPERTY

At 1030 Tuesday morning Dorothy Crum walked outside her Deer Glen home to walk the dog and as she said everything was normal.

At 1230 Tuesday afternoon that changed. As she walked out with the dog again she yelled “Fire” to her husband who was in the house. When he got outside the neighbors yard was on fire and spread to his yard. However, as it came onto his property it ignited a storage building with a new Honda 4-wheeler inside. A second was about to go up in flames but he was able to get it out. The fire crept within ten feet of his home.

New Caney Fire Department responded to the scene and immediately called for Caney Creek and Needham Fire Department for assistance. The fire had gotten into several dead trees and gone to the tops. With the high winds embers were being carried and starting additional fires.

New Caney Fire Chief Jeff Taylor contacted Double D Tree Service owned by Dennis Rans. Double D has assisted the fire department on several occasions. Within twenty minutes Rans appeared with his entire crew and immediately went to work. With the area saturated the Bobcat tractor they attempted to use was too heavy and was sinking in the mud. Crews then by hand, using hand lines, and ropes pulled the trees down as they were cut.

As the trees hit the ground fire crews extinguished them.

Montgomery County Assistant Fire Marshal Jeff Williams responded to the scene and determined an unattended trash fire to be the cause of the blaze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8yUAZWW-w&feature=youtu.be

 

DSC09557DSC09558DSC09559DSC09560DSC09562DSC09563DSC09564DSC09565DSC09566DSC09567DSC09568DSC09569DSC09570DSC09571DSC09572DSC09573DSC09581DSC09585DSC09587DSC09588

- Advertisment -
RELATED ARTICLES

3 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

- Advertisment -

Recent Comments

- Advertisment -