Active Weather Alerts
ISSUED: 2:44 PM JUL. 11, 2020 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
…HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING…
…HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 8 PM CDT SUNDAY…
* WHAT…Heat index values peaking as high as 110 degrees.
* WHERE…Portions of south central and southeast Texas.
* WHEN…For the first Heat Advisory, until 8 PM CDT this
evening. For the second Heat Advisory, from 11 AM to 8 PM CDT
* IMPACTS…Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…It is quite possible that more heat
advisories will be needed during the upcoming week.
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when
possible. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent
rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone
overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location.
Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.